Here is a set of questions designed to help you find answers to your queries. The questions are based on the Frequently Asked Questions by the employees of USPS.
- How to create a new password?
The “SSP” or “Self Service Profile” is the portal that will help you generate and manage your password. You need to visit www.ssp.usps.gov for the same. The user can also access the same with the link provided on the LiteBlue webpage under the head “How To Login.”
- What will happen if I fail to confirm the link sent to me and create a new password within 72 hours?
If you fail to click on the confirmation link provided on your email ID, then you will not be entitled to receive the emails on the address provided. Moreover, you will not be able to access the online services provided on www.liteblue.usps.gov.
- I did not receive the letter containing my temporary password. What should I do?
There are very minute chances of you not receiving the letter. But, if not received, you can the following:
- Visit www.ssp.usps.gov and click on “Forgot Your Password?” Now, you just need to follow the steps on your screen and create yourself a new password. It is pertinent to mention here that you will need to have your PIN handy to complete the process.
- If you are unable to change the password by the above method, you can contact the HRSSC by calling 1-877-477-3273 and pressing “5” when prompted.
- What is the need for my email ID in the process of setting up the SSP?
The email address is very crucial to manage your account. You will receive all the necessary information relating to your employment on your email ID. In addition to this, the process to change or recover your password becomes easy with a valid email ID. Otherwise, you need to go through the trouble of calling and mailing a post to the HR team.
- Why am I unable to access my SSP portal?
It is pertinent to mention that if you enter your password wrongly 6 times, the portal will lock for 15 minutes. You need to wait for 15 minutes and then login with the correct username and password.
- Can I use my USPS PIN for IVR – telephonic transactions?
Yes, you can call the United States Postal Service self-service number, i.e., 1-877-477-3273, which will be followed by entering your 4-digit USPS PIN.
- Does the password expire after a particular period of time?
No, the password does not expire. But the same could be changed whenever you wish to!
- Is it safe to get my password reset by calling the HRSSC?
Yes, it is very safe. The HRSSC will provide a temporary password that can be used to ultimately change to the password of your choice.
We hope that most of your questions are answered. Anyhow, if there are any residual doubts, you can always contact the HRSSC by either calling them or mailing them.